Friday, August 28, 2009

My First Christmas Card!

Mo recently released a set of images for a Christmas Nativity. They were so adorable, that I simply had to add them to my collection. One of my favorite things about the set, is that any of the individual images could be used on its own or they can be combined to create different scenes. I decided to try a stair fold card, andI created a scene will all of the different images, except the angel. I tried to create a lot of depth with different textures. The Baby Jesus and the sheep are popped up on dimensionals. The Wise Ones' crowns and gifts were glittered and then covered with paper glaze. You can't tell from the crappy photography, but I put fun flock on the lambs' wool and on the donkey's little muzzle and underbelly. hee, hee. All of the different textures make this card a lot of fun to rub. In real life the contrast is more striking--furry, glittery, shiny, matte. Alas, my photography makes it look all the same. LOL. I had the weather against me too. It's been raining all day.

I tried to stick to blues and browns for the color scheme, because I didn't want it to look too busy. Ultimately, I think it ended up too plain! LOL. Even though I'm not 100% pleased with this version, I might give it another go. Stay tuned for Nativity 2.0--brighter, neater, prettier! :)

4 comments:

Mina said...

oh wow Erin this is amazing, stunning colouring its so gorgeous...have you told Mo thta you made this because Im sure she would so love to see it
Mina xxx

Anita said...

I love this. Fantastic coloring. This is an idea I had when I saw the set and now know that it will work. Now, I just have to find the time to make the card.

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful! Very worth all the effort, imo...

Lola said...

Adorable Erin! I can tell the sheep are flocked. I wish I could feel them. I know it would make me smile!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Your comments make me smile! :)
XOXO
Erin