Monday, April 19, 2010

Someone Better Call the Fire Dept...It's Frank's Birthday

More Penny Black Chickens.  Aren't they a riot?  I particularly love the chicken standing next to the fire extinguisher.  Doesn't he look worried?  Heehee. You can't tell from the picture, but this card actually has a lot of dimension.  The chicken blowing out the candles (Frank, lol) and the birthday cake are both popped up on 3-D foam.  I kept the rest of the card really simple so this adorable image would be the main focus (Plus all those embellishments are flammable.  lol).  Just a little red and white DP and a hand-written sentiment at the bottom to finish it off. 

I'm entering this card in the Challenge over at Cupcake Crafts.  The theme this week is red and white. 

Thanks for looking! 

4 comments:

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Brilliant!! Such a cute card--I love this stamp!! Great colouring & I like the simplicity!!
:) Sarah

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Erin, what a fun card - I'm sure Frank loved it! Gorgeous image and the chicken with the fire extinguisher is really funny. Great papers and I must say your handwriting is perfect!! Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Erin, the image is great and your colouring is beautiful...I am sure Frank loved his card.
Hugs
Debbie x

Zlatoena said...

Amazing and so sweet card !

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Your comments make me smile! :)
XOXO
Erin