Friday, September 23, 2011

Kind Thanks

As kids, my cousin and I loved going for long bike rides together when we visited my grandmother's house. This beautiful image from Elisabeth Bell brings back those fond memories.  We would pedal up and down dirt roads for hours chatting and looking for hills to fly down.  I doubt I could even ride a bike now!


I don't often use flowers on my card, but I love the depth they create.  You can really see it from the side. 



I decided to play along with the color challenge at the Belles n Whistles blog. The colors were red, yellow, and blue.

 At first I was a little nervous about the primary colors, but they actually worked really well together.  I also added a bit of green to round things out. 

To put my card together I used one of the sketches from Sketch N Stash.  This week they are letting you choose from all of the sketches in their sketch catalog.  They are so fantastic it was hard to choose!  I ended up using sketch # 53.  The sketch was a fun way to use my poor, neglected Elizabeth Bell stamp.  It also encouraged me to dig out and dust off my Martha Stewart daisy punch.



I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
Totally Papercrafts--"Thank you"
Simon Says Stamp Challenge--"Die cuts to die for" (I used my Martha Stewart daisy punch and my Scalloped Circle Spellbinders die)
Sweet Stampin'--"Flowers"
Paper Sundaes--Felt (the red rose is made from felt)

Thanks for looking! I love your comments! :)

9 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card, I like the image, great take on the sketch, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash.
Kevin xx

An Occasional Genius said...

I love this card, it's absolutely adorable! Your colouring is awesome & I love your flowers too, maybe you should use them more often.... Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

Anonymous said...

This is delightful! Love your pretty flowers and cute image, Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week
Hugs Julie P

Jill said...

ohh this is gorgeous love the image so sweet and the pretty flowers/papers thanks for joining us at sns hugs Jill xx

Iris Wiechmann said...

Your card is so lovely! Thanks for joining us at BNW challenges!

Hugs,
Iris

Amanda R said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the colors you used and your felt rose is lovely. Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is so stunning!! I love the flowers and your gorgeous coloring! :) Such a beautiful creation! Thanks so much for joining in our Belles n’ Whistles Challenge! Smiles, *Vicki* ~ Belles n’ Whistles Designer

Elise said...

Whoa! This is truly STUNNING~ I love what you did with this color scheme! Thank you for joining us at BnW!

Hugs,
Elise

Britta Swiderski said...

Love the bright, happy colors on this. The flowers are gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Your comments make me smile! :)
XOXO
Erin