Saturday, September 3, 2011

Love

When making cards I really enjoy picking out stamps, papers, and coordinating ribbons or other embellishments, but I often get stuck figuring out how to put it all together.  That's why I love sketch challenges.  They're like instructions.  Sketches help me arrange my card and force me to make a plan BEFORE I start gluing. LOL.   Before I discovered sketches most of my cards were one stamp in the middle of a folded piece of cardstock (plus a square of patterned paper if I was struck with "inspiration").  I'd like to think I'm making progress--thanks to help from sketches like the one Dawny P created for this week's Papertake Weekly Challenge.  It was so much fun to use.  I'll probably file it away to use again.  Here is her sketch:


And here is my card:

 


In addition to the Papertake Weekly Challenge, I'm entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge where the theme this week is "Anything Goes" and in the Creative Card Crew Challenge where the theme is also "Anything Goes."

Thanks for looking! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Candy C said...

Hello Erin. Your black and white kitty cat card is adorable. Your sketch is interesting to begin with and then you nailed it! I love the papers you chose to use and the green accent color is spot on perfect! The kitty cat stamped image is so cute and the way you colorized it and then added the red rose embellishments to further emphasize the red roses the kitty is holding is darling. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

kelly ledder said...

Oh wow this is great and the inside is just perfect.

Thanks for joining Creative Card Crew Anything Goes Challenge.

Kelly x

Lisa said...

Awww, such adorbale card Erin!
Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Britta Swiderski said...

These kittens are so adorable, and I love how you've colored them. The red, black and green on your card all work so well together. Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Your comments make me smile! :)
XOXO
Erin