Saturday, March 24, 2012

You can't have cake without icecream!

The current House Mouse and Friends Challenge is a photo inspiration challenge.  I love photo inspiration challenges!  It's so interesting to see how one photo gets interpreted by all of the different players. Here is the photo that Lorraine chose:

When I saw this photo I was immediately drawn to the bright colors of the  frosting and the sprinkles, and the swirled frosting reminded me of soft serve ice cream.  (One of my first jobs was at Dairy Queen, so I can make the perfect swirl on the top. heehee). And since everyone knows you can't have cake without ice cream.....here is my card. 


Hope you like it!  Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Erin,
This card is a real charmer. Just love the cute bunny eating his strawberry ice cream cone. Ummmm, makes me want to have one too even though it's cold and rainy. Have a great weekend.

downrightcrafty said...

totally gorgeous and beautiful colouring on the image, thank you for joining us for our Photo Inspired challenge at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

The Craft Bucket said...

Soooo sweet, thank you for joining us on the House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge & good luck. Jane (GDT) x

Sue from Oregon said...

Erin this is so cute...love that background dp...just makes your darling image POP! Thanks for joining us again at HM&F's Monday Challenge! Sue Kment

Sue said...

Hi Erin, how bright and fun your card is. Your right, ice cream just has to be served with cake!
Love your colors and design. Thanks for sharing your card with us and joining the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Nicely done.

Hugs
Sue

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Your comments make me smile! :)
XOXO
Erin