Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Picking Apples

Do you like sketch challenges?  If so, get yourself over to the Sugar Bowl.  There is a gorgeous sketch from Lilian for you to follow.  I really liked this sketch, and I know I'll use it again and again.


Here is my take on the sketch. Can you tell I was inspired by the plaid in Lilian's sketch?!   The "please include" option for the challenge is to use your favorite color.  I cheated a bit and included 3 favorite colors so I wouldn't have to pick just one!  Hee hee!  My favorites are Blue, Pink, and Green.  (and purple...guess I cheated a lot...LOL). 




The image is from Sugar Nellie.  It was one of the first stamps from artist Elisabeth Bell.  Her stamps are what drew me to Sugar Nellie, but they have a bunch of other talented artists too.  Right now I am in love with the Sugar and Spice stamps.  They are so cute.  I hope to add a few of them to my collection soon. 

This image is also perfect for this week's challenge at Charisma Cardz.  The theme is "Dreamining of Summer."  Nothing says summer better than running around barefoot, and I've used bright summery colors for this card (my favorites, remember).  It was fun to take a break from red and green. 

The end result is quite girly, so I'm also entering this card in Cute Card Thursday.  Their challenge this week is Swirly, Girly. 

Thanks for looking! 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really pretty, such sweet colours

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x

susan said...

Very pretty! It's bright and cheerful, too. You did a great job on the coloring. The pink bow is a really pretty shade!

Lilian said...

Hi Erin! Love the vibrant and cheerful colors you've used, plaid paper ;) and your gorgeous coloring of the sweet image. Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Happy Holidays!

Lola said...

Too cute!!! The first thing out of my mouth upon seeing it was AWWW!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Your comments make me smile! :)
XOXO
Erin