Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I cut into the cupcake paper---EEK!

One of my favorite craft purchases ever is the Sweet Stack from DCWV.  The papers are so lush!  I love the pastel colors and all of the glittery details.  The papers feature pretty little cupcakes, and cherries, and candies.  Oh, my!  So sweet.  Here's the problem.  I can't bring myself to use it!  Well, after months of hoarding, and with much reservation, I finally decided to cut into the cupcake papers--the most precious of all the papers in the stack.  And you know what? It felt good.  Hmm.  Who knew?  

In fact, it felt so good I made not one, but two cards, featuring this delightful paper. 


Unfortunately, my photography does not do the paper justice.  The flash washes it out quite a bit. The background looks white, but it is actually blue in the first card and pink in the second.  Oh, well. 

Aren't the images cute?  What a sweet image for Baby's First Birthday!  The image is from Mo's Digital Pencil.  You can find it here.  Mo also drew another version for a little boy.  Stay tuned.  I'll have a card featuring that image in the next couple of days.

I'm entering these cards in the following challenges:
Simon Says Challenge--A Card for a Child
Creative Card Crew--Happy Birthday

Thanks for looking and have a great day! 

2 comments:

Dena said...

Oh wow this image is so cute! I love it!!!!
Thanks for joining Simon Says this week!
Hugs, Dena

Victoria said...

these are both beautiful Erin, you've inspired me to use my paper now, think I'll get it out of the pad this week!

Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew
Hugs
Victoria
x

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Your comments make me smile! :)
XOXO
Erin