Monday, April 12, 2010

Before and After: A Notebook Gets a Makeover

I just love altering notebooks.  I don't know why.  And to be honest, it's kind of a pain.  I once spent the better part of a hour trying to put one back together again only to realize the front cover was upside down. Argh!!  But...even with all of the headaches, I love altering notebooks.  I usually pick them up at Micheal's when they're on sale.  I got this one for 50 cents.  Yay! 

Before:

After:


It's an improvement, don't you think? (Well, if you overlook my poor photography.  Heehee.  The colors are much more vibrant IRL, I promise). I added the dividers, by cutting a piece of cardstock just a bit bigger than one of the pages, punching holes, and adding a tab. I think dividers makes the notebook seem a little more special.  To decorate,  I covered the notebook in some paper from a DCWV stack (I think it was last year's summer stack) and added this cute image from Mo's Digital Pencil. I also added a little metal embellishment/sticker that says "Imagine."  I think it's a perfect fit for the image. I wonder what she's dreaming about.  I also added some "fruit punch" stickles to the flowers.  Here's a closeup of the image.  You can see the glitter a little better in this one. 


I'm entering this notebook in this week's Dare You to Digi Stamp Challenge.  The theme this week is "metal."  My notebook has metal binding (weak, I know) and a metal embellishment. 

Thanks for looking and I love comments!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Your comments make me smile! :)
XOXO
Erin