Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mad Cow

I just love this mad cow stamp.  It makes me laugh every time.  When I bought the stamp I really didn't know what I was going to use it for.  After all, how many occasions call for a cranky cow?  Turns out--lots!  Heehee. One if my favorite uses for Miss Bessie Badmood is a missed or belated birthday.  The cow and the hay bale are both stamps from High Hopes.  I drew the party hat and some little packages to make the scene complete.  For some reason the green background paper is photographing really bright.  IRL, it's not as fluorescent, and the green paper actually matches the presents and party hat. One of my favorite things about this card is the orange pom pom on top of the party hat. You just know that little cow had the best birthday planned and you had to go and ruin it.  For shame.  Heehee.

Here's the inside of the card. 


I must miss a lot of people's birthdays, cause I made several of these cards. Made 2 in blue and pink, but those are already in the mail...ooopss.  But I can show you one I made in red and purple.  For this one I decided to go with the more traditional black and white cow as opposed to the brown cow in the first card. 


I finished this card the same way on the inside. 


I have really mixed feelings about using my own handwriting on cards.  I think it looks so much more professional when I use a stamped sentiment, but I never seem to have one that says the right thing.  I've toyed with the idea of printing sentiments on the computer, but IMHO it's cumbersome and time consuming.  Plus, I cannot seem to get the spacing/arrangement right. My computer generated sentiments end up looking as amateurish as the handwritten ones!  Argh!  I think that part of the problem is that I don't have any good fonts. I only have the basic ones.  Oh well...

I'm entering this card in the High Hopes Challenge. This week we were supposed to use 2 stamps (sentiments don't count). 

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

5 comments:

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Erin,
I am so glad you entered this card--it's brilliant and what a great use for this stamp!! Your colouring is awesome and I love how you finished the inside!! If that sentiment is in your own handwritting you have nothing to worry about my dear--it looks great!
Blessings,
Sarah :)

debby4000 said...

Oh these are great and I love that grumpy cow.
luv
Debby

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Both your cards are awesome, I love the colours on both and great sentiment, Your hand drawn accessories are fabulous! Hugs, Nikki x

Sirpaliina said...

Fabulous card and colour i love it.
Hugs, Sirpa

Jeanette said...

Both your cards are totally awesome! I love this stamp..so funny!
Hugs Jeanette :)

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Your comments make me smile! :)
XOXO
Erin